HRAD STRAKONICE : STATUE OF THE LORD OF ROŽMBERK

Kontakty

Městské informační centrum Strakonice

Zámek 1
386 01 Strakonice
tel.: 380 422 744

E-mail:
infocentrum@meks-st.cz

www:
www.strakonice.eu/content/informacni-centrum


 

Město Strakonice
Odbor školství a cestovního ruchu

Velké náměstí 2
386 21 Strakonice
tel.: 383 700 848
www.strakonice.eu 


GPS: 49°15'29.579"N, 13°54'4.320"E


Expozice muzea
na hradě jsou uzavřeny v období 2018-2021
z důvodu rekonstrukce
v rámci 52. výzvy IROP.

 

Statue of the Lord of Rožmberk

The kneeling statue of the Lord of Rožmberk was originally a part of the Hus memorial, which was completely finished by the Pilsen-based academic sculptor Vojtěch Šíp in 1926. The Hus memorial consisted of Master Jan Hus, Jan Žižka of Trocnov, George of Poděbrady, a German crusader and the Lord of Rožmberk. This sculptural group was located at the Hus bank, now called Na Dubovci. During World War II, the statues of the nobleman, the German crusader, King George of Poděbrady and Žižka were removed and buried behind the memorial. Only the statue of Jan Hus remained. In relation to the new bridging, the park was abolished and a part of the memorial (the statues of Jan Hus and the kneeling Lord of Rožmberk) was moved to the Renner Orchard.
Over time, the statue of the kneeling lord had suffered so much damage that it had to be renovated in 2009. The renovation was carried out by the academic sculptor and restorer Karel Kryška. In the first half of 2010, the statue was moved to the site of the Castle of Strakonice. Here, it can still be seen at the roofed staircase above the restaurant Hradní sklípek.

  

 

 

(c) Město Strakonice, 2010
Webdesign & hosting: ŠumavaNet.CZ